June 9th, 2017, 6pm, Melbourne Continuum Convention: Panellist in the ‘Creativity and Mental Health’ discussion.
September 1, 2016: 3CR radio appearance talking about Thrive. (Download or listen to podcast here.)
June 7, 2015, 3pm, Melbourne Continuum Convention: Novel launch for Thrive.
February 27-29, 2015, Room 801 Yaoi & Yuri Convention, Sydney (Panelist)
July 30, 2014, 6:30pm Warragul Library, Melbourne (Author talk)
June 2014 Continuum X Convention, Melbourne (Panelist)
February 2014 Room 801 Yaoi & Yuri Convention, Sydney (Guest)
2010 Supanova Pop Culture Convention, Sydney (Guest)
2010 “Creatures Of the Night” Spoken Word Event, Midsumma Festival, Melbourne (Presenter)
2010 Vampirefest Convention, Melbourne (Guest)
2010 “Fan Tales” Spoken Word Event, Fringe Festival, Melbourne (Presenter)
Press and Media
- September 1, 2016: 3CR radio appearance talking about Thrive.
[Download or listen to podcast here.]
- The Hobson’s Bay Leader ran an article about Thrive:
- Jayisgames.com reviewed my game Psychopomp High here.
Psychopomp High is a complex story with all the fluff of teen romance and yet all the dark and gritty details of life and death. It’s a surprisingly pleasant mix that you’ll have to try for yourself.
- The Absolute Mag reviewed my game Psychopomp High here.
Despite the somberness of the premise–dead teenagers! amnesia! revenge!–Psychopomp High is a breezy, sincere addition to the visual novel genre, with an intriguing hint of darkness underneath the bright colors.
- I was interviewed on the Channel 31 show Behind The Words here.
- I was quoted in a Sydney Morning Herald article about controversies surrounding the fanfiction background of the 50 Shades of Grey series.
- IO9 says of an essay I wrote: “Mary Borsellino’s “Your Heart is a Weapon the Size of Your Fist” draws some lovely analogy between love as a political act in The Hunger Games and in George Orwell’s 1984 (even if she conflates dystopian with post-apocalyptic)”. Which as far as criticisms go, is one I can live with.
- Gawker quoted part of a story I wrote in their article about fanfiction based on The Social Network.
- I have occasionally been a guest on the JOY 94.9 program Sci-Fi and Squeam, which has been a wonderful chance to talk about scary and excellent things.
- The JOY 94.9 radio program The Outland Institute interviewed me about my “Boy and Girl Wonders: Robin in Cultural Context” for episode one of their show. I returned as a guest in episode four to defend the HBO show ‘True Blood’ in a debate. Listen to podcasts here.
- The Spring 2007 issue of Bitch magazine includes the article “Cold Shoulder: Saving superheroines from comic-book violence”, which contains a number of quotes from me.
- The Spring 2008 issue of Bitch includes “Whack Attack: Giving the finger to blog bandits”, an article which I was interviewed for.