- September 1, 2016: 3CR radio appearance talking about Thrive.
[Download or listen to podcast here.]
- The Hobson’s Bay Leader ran an article about Thrive:
- Jayisgames.com reviewed my game Psychopomp High here.
Psychopomp High is a complex story with all the fluff of teen romance and yet all the dark and gritty details of life and death. It’s a surprisingly pleasant mix that you’ll have to try for yourself.
- The Absolute Mag reviewed my game Psychopomp High here.
Despite the somberness of the premise–dead teenagers! amnesia! revenge!–Psychopomp High is a breezy, sincere addition to the visual novel genre, with an intriguing hint of darkness underneath the bright colors.
- I was interviewed on the Channel 31 show Behind The Words here.
- I was quoted in a Sydney Morning Herald article about controversies surrounding the fanfiction background of the 50 Shades of Grey series.
- IO9 says of an essay I wrote: “Mary Borsellino’s “Your Heart is a Weapon the Size of Your Fist” draws some lovely analogy between love as a political act in The Hunger Games and in George Orwell’s 1984 (even if she conflates dystopian with post-apocalyptic)”. Which as far as criticisms go, is one I can live with.
- Gawker quoted part of a story I wrote in their article about fanfiction based on The Social Network.
- I have occasionally been a guest on the JOY 94.9 program Sci-Fi and Squeam, which has been a wonderful chance to talk about scary and excellent things.
- The JOY 94.9 radio program The Outland Institute interviewed me about my “Boy and Girl Wonders: Robin in Cultural Context” for episode one of their show. I returned as a guest in episode four to defend the HBO show ‘True Blood’ in a debate. Listen to podcasts here.
- The Spring 2007 issue of Bitch magazine includes the article “Cold Shoulder: Saving superheroines from comic-book violence”, which contains a number of quotes from me.
- The Spring 2008 issue of Bitch includes “Whack Attack: Giving the finger to blog bandits”, an article which I was interviewed for.